Here’s a list of design trends in 2017 that you must follow:
- None of them.
If we spent less time keeping up with the trends and focused our energy on becoming who and what we want to become we would all be better off. They’re a distraction keeping you from really delving into who you are and who you want to be. So stop following, stop worrying about whether you’re using the right colour combinations and just create.
So instead here’s what you must do in 2017:
- Become a better line artist.
- Study the 1920’s and 30’s art and design movements.
- Spend some time sitting and watching the ants along the side of a trail.
- Study something which interests you, not because it could make money, but because you want to know everything about it. The internet is a rich resource, use it well.
- Drop the noise. Ignore the news, and Twitter, and Pinterest, and Facebook, and social media, and on and on. Focus instead on you and not worrying about what’s going on in the wide world.
Those are just a sampling of what’s possible but all that I’m going to put here for now. Use 2017 to become a better person, a better artist, a better friend, a better human being.